Departments of Health & Human Services
Apply for Medicaid and Economic Assistance
The following are some of the programs administered by the state department of Health & Human Services:
- Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver – food and financial assistance eligibility.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – education, consultation, referral and advocacy for those living in a long-term care facility.
- Developmental Disability Services – service coordination for those with disabilities.
- Social Services Block Grant Program – assistance for persons who are aged 60 and older or disabled so they may remain in their own home or in other safe surroundings as long as possible.
- Adult Protective Services (APS) – investigates and helps remedy abusive situations.