Lincoln ElderCare Resource Handbook: Public Assisted Housing for Seniors

Thank you to our Sponsors

Public Assisted Housing for the Elderly

Public assisted housing for the elderly is generally independent living in an apartment setting offered to low-income eligible individuals through local, state and federal government-funded programs.

Housing listed in this section is subsidized, independent living for seniors. There are also other public housing options in the community that will accept people of all ages, including seniors.

Lincoln Housing Authority
5700 R Street
Lincoln, NE 68505

800-545-1833 ext. 875 (TTY)

Lincoln Housing Authority offers housing assistance to persons who qualify for services as well as non-subsidized affordable housing. Clients must be aged 62 years or older or disabled and be income-eligible individuals or families.

Lincoln Housing Authority also administers the Section 8 Voucher Program. Under this program, individuals apply for a Section 8 voucher that proves eligibility for the subsidy.

Applications are made through Lincoln Housing Authority. Vouchers are not required to live in these units. Phone 402-434-5500 for information on the following locations.

Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Subsidized housing is also available through Housing and Urban Development (HUD).  Contact the facility or the management company for information about qualifying.  To find rental housing and services in Nebraska, go to or call 877-428-8844.

Aspen Haus
1500 Knox Street
Lincoln, NE 68521

Charles Senior Housing
Concorde Management Facilities
1933 G Street
Lincoln, NE 68510

Hickman Elderly Housing
Eden Management
100 Fencerock Court
Hickman, NE 68372

Huntington Park
4000 Huntington Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504

Lincoln Manor
Eden Management
2626 N. 49th Street
Lincoln, NE 68504

Malone Manor
737 N. 22nd Street
Lincoln, NE 68503

North Meadows
11141 N. 137th Street
Waverly, NE 68462

Plaza V
705 S. 18th Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Seldin Company

Union Manor
5211 Calvert Street
Lincoln, NE 68506