Departments of Health & Human Services
Apply for Medicaid and Economic Assistance
ACCESSNebraska Document Imaging Center
P.O. Box 95026
Lincoln, NE 68509-5026
Iowa Department of Human Services
Medicaid Member Services
1-800-338-8366 (Toll Free)
515-256-4606 (Des Moines Area)
TTY at 1-800-735-2942.
Apply for benefits
DHS Contact Center
The following are some of the programs administered by the state department of Health & Human Services:
- Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver – food and financial assistance eligibility.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – education, consultation, referral and advocacy for those living in a long-term care facility.
- Developmental Disability Services – service coordination for those with disabilities.
- Social Services Block Grant Program – assistance for persons who are aged 60 and older or disabled so they may remain in their own home or in other safe surroundings as long as possible.
- Adult Protective Services (APS) – investigates and helps remedy abusive situations.
APS assists vulnerable and elder adults to stop and prevent abuse, neglect, or exploitation. Anyone can make a report about suspected abuse to the Hotline.