Departments of Health & Human Services
Iowa Department of Human Services
417 East Kanesville Boulevard
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Apply for Medicaid and Economic Assistance
The following are some of the programs administered by the state department of Health & Human Services:
- Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver – food and financial assistance eligibility.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – education, consultation, referral and advocacy for those living in a long-term care facility.
- Developmental Disability Services – service coordination for those with disabilities.
- Social Services Block Grant Program – assistance for persons who are aged 60 and older or disabled so they may remain in their own home or in other safe surroundings as long as possible.
- Adult Protective Services (APS) – investigates and helps remedy abusive situations.