U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

HUD housing is a federal program that helps apartment owners provide reduced rents to low-income tenants. To obtain assistance, you must apply at the property you would like to move into. Eligibility grants you permission to live in that particular property only and is not transferable to another residence. HUD pays the difference between what the resident pays and the total rental amount.

Low Income/Affordable Senior Apartments

For more information and a complete listing of low income/affordable senior apartments, please visit your local Area Agency on Aging.